- This policy covers how alt concepts treats personal information that we collect and receive, including information related to your past use of our products and services. Personal information is defined as any information about you that is personally identifiable—such as your name, address, email address, or phone number—and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that alt concepts does not own or control, or to people that alt concepts does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- alt concepts collects personal information when you subscribe to Interesting Thing of the Day (ITotD), including the Link and Audio editions, when you subscribe to the alt concepts mailing list, and when you make a donation or other payment.
- When you subscribe we ask for the following information only: first name, last name, and email address. If you subscribe to the Audio edition of Interesting Thing of the Day, you will not be anonymous to us when retrieving audio files from our Web site or using links we provide in email messages.
- alt concepts automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, the page you request, and, for Interesting Thing of the Day only, ITotD cookie information.
- alt concepts uses information for the following general purposes: to fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, and contact you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
alt concepts does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or companies, except if:
- we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law;
- The Interesting Thing of the Day Web site may set and access ITotD cookies on your computer.
- alt concepts allows other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- Interesting Thing of the Day:
alt concepts mailing list:
- You can edit your Interesting Thing of the Day subscription information, including your preferred email format and audio subscription method, at any time by clicking the subscription management link included at the bottom of each email we send to subscribers, or by sending us an email with your desired changes using this form.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to Interesting Thing of the Day, such as service announcements, administrative messages, and renewal notices, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- You can cancel your subscription by clicking the subscription management link included at the bottom of each email we send to subscribers, or by sending us an email with your desired changes using this form. After your subscription is cancelled, your name and email address will remain in our archived records.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to any of the alt concepts Web sites, such as service announcements, administrative messages, and renewal notices, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- You can cancel your subscription by clicking the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of each email we send to subscribers, or by entering your email address into this form. All unsubscription requests must be confirmed by email. After your subscription is cancelled, your name and email address will remain in our archived records.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical and electronic safeguards in place to protect personal information about you.
alt concepts may update this policy. We will notify subscribers about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to you by email or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us using this form or at:
14525 SW Millikan #37000
Beaverton, OR 97005